What is this Privacy Notice for?
Champion Breweries Plc. (referred to in this document as “Champion Breweries”, “the Company”, or “We”) values your Personal Data and we are committed to protecting your privacy whenever you interact with us. Please read this Privacy Notice to understand our policies, processes and procedures regarding the processing of your personal data.
WHAT PERSONAL DATA WE COLLECT AND HOW WE USE YOUR PERSONAL DATA
You can use the majority of our Website without being required to provide any Personal Data to us. For certain services or activities, you will need to provide Personal Data for us to be able to provide you the requested service or product or for you to participate in the activity. Requested information on the Website marked with an asterisk is mandatory. If you do not provide the requested information, we will not be able to deliver the service or product to you or you cannot participate in the activity. In addition to the information you are required to provide to us in order to participate in activities/campaigns, we collect certain information when you visit our Website.
- Information When You Contact Us: If you visit our Website and have a question or other remark, you can submit our Contact Form. You will be asked to provide your name and email address and obviously information about your request. We will only use this information to respond to your question. We will register your requests, questions, and our responses, and other actions to handle your request.
- Information About Your Visit To And Use Of Our Website: We collect certain information when you visit our Website, such as your IP address, which web pages you visit, device category, browser, and type of internet browser, clicks, and views. We use this Personal Data as it is necessary in our legitimate interests to do so to be able to promote our products and services to our consumers and website visitors, to enable us to attract more consumers, and to improve the sale of our products and services.
- Marketing: If you subscribe, we will send you newsletters. You can always opt-out of receiving our newsletter and you can always object to our use of your Personal Data for direct marketing purposes (for more information about how to do this, read the paragraphs below). We use this Personal Data with your consent. We will delete your Personal Data when you opt-out of receiving our newsletter.
- Maintenance and Optimisation Of Our Website: Your Personal Data will also be used for maintenance and analysis of our Website to solve performance issues, to improve the availability and user experience. We log all use of our Website.
- CB Events, Competitions, Activations, And Other Similar Activities: We may collect videos/images, photographs, social handles, drawings/sketches, and other similar or related personal information in line with the terms and purposes of such events, competitions, activations and similar activities.
HOW WE SHARE YOUR PERSONAL DATA
We may need to share Personal Data with third parties to help us provide services and products to you and to run our Website. These third parties are:
- Heineken group companies if another affiliate is best suited to answer a question you have posted on the Website.
- Heineken group companies for the purpose of storing Personal Data processed via the Website, due to shared IT systems.
- Service providers where this is needed to provide us with a service and to provide data analytics services.
- Media agencies for marketing purposes and research purposes.
- In case CB Plc sells all or some of the assets or shares of an CB group company to which Personal Data was transferred to a third party, your Personal Data may be provided to this third party. These parties may be located in Nigeria or elsewhere in the world. When Personal Data is stored by us outside Nigeria we will ensure an adequate level of protection of the transferred Data. We require service providers to use appropriate measures to protect the confidentiality and security of the Personal Data.
SECURITY OF PERSONAL DATA
RETENTION OF YOUR PERSONAL DATA
You may choose to share information on our Website via social media, such as Facebook, LinkedIn and YouTube. This means that the information you share, with name and preferences, shall be visible to visitors of your personal pages. We advise you to carefully read the privacy policies of the social media parties as these are applicable to the processing of your Personal Data by these parties.
The Website is not intended for use by individuals under the age of 18 (or the applicable legal age for consuming the products in question). We do not knowingly collect Personal Data from individuals under the age of 18.
YOUR RIGHTS TO ACCESS, RECTIFICATION, DELETION, RESTRICTION, AND DATA PORTABILITY
Champion Breweries Plc collects Personal Data only for the purposes identified in this Policy and such information cannot be reused for another purpose that is incompatible with the original purpose. This Policy describes your privacy rights regarding our collection, use, storage, sharing and protection of your personal information. You may exercise any of the following rights with respect to your Personal Data with NB Plc: You have the right to:
- Request for and access your personal data collected and stored by CB plc;
- Object to automated decision making;
- Request rectification and modification of personal data kept by NB plc or processed by third parties on CB’s behalf;
- Request for deletion or restriction (as appropriate) of your personal data;
- Be informed of and entitled to provide consent prior to the processing of personal data for purposes other than that for which the personal data were collected;
- Request that CB plc restricts the processing of your personal data; and
- Request for information regarding any specific processing of your personal data. You can exercise this right by contacting us with a data privacy request. Please note that requests that do not meet the requirements set out by applicable law or NB’s data protection policy may be requested to be re-issued or ultimately denied and that certain Personal Data may be exempt from such access, rectification and deletion requests pursuant to applicable data protection laws or other laws and regulations. Please note that you can also delete Personal Data by de-activating your user, however, we will retain Personal Data where it is legally required for us to do so. You have the right to receive the Personal Data that you have provided to us in a structured, commonly used, and machine-readable format, and in certain circumstances, we will, at your request, transmit your Data to another controller where this is technically feasible
YOUR RIGHT TO OBJECT
You also have a right, in certain circumstances, to require us to stop processing your Personal Data, but where we have compelling legitimate grounds, we will continue processing your Personal Data. However, you have the right to object to our use of your Personal Data for direct marketing purposes, including profiling, and when you do so, we will accommodate your request. Where you have provided consent to our use of your Personal Data, you have the right to withdraw your consent without this affecting the lawfulness of our use of this Data before your withdrawal. We shall take immediate steps to remedy any violation of your rights, without prejudice to your right to seek redress under the Nigerian Data Protection Regulations, 2019 (NDPR) and other applicable laws.
Contact & Communication
If you would like further information on this Notice, or to contact our DPO, you may contact us at Champion Breweries Plc., Industrial Layout, Aka Offot, P.M.B. 1106, Uyo, Akwa Ibom State, Nigeria. or at firstname.lastname@example.org